Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using this website (the “Website”) or:
- 2023 Driving Theory Test UK;
- 2023 Motorcycle Theory Test;
- LGV & HGV Theory Test UK;
- Car Driving Theory Test 2023;
- UK Highway Code 2023;
- 2023 PCV Theory Test UK;
- 2023 Hazard Perception Test UK; and
- 2023 ADI Theory Test UK
together the (“Apps”)
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using the Website or the Apps. Some of these rules are set by us, and some are dictated by third parties, such as Appstore operators or parties who license us data, services or content.
Who we are and how to contact us
The Website and the Apps are owned and operated by RAC Motoring Services. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 01424399 and have our registered office at RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall, WS5 4AW.
To contact us, please email [email protected]
By using the Website and the Apps you accept these terms
Please read through these terms carefully before using the Website or the Apps. By using the Website or the Apps you confirm that you accept these terms and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the Website or the Apps.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
How we use your information
Subscriptions for the Apps can be purchased through Apple or Google. As well as these terms, your subscription will also be subject to the terms of your agreement with Apple or Google as applicable. We never receive or store any of your credit or debit card information.
Your subscription begins as soon as you purchase it. At the end of each subscription period, your subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged again until you cancel the subscription plan.
If your subscription is due to renew and the payment method fails your subscription will be cancelled at the end of the current subscription period.
Subscription plans are inclusive of VAT or equivalent local sales tax. We may change the price for a subscription from time to time and will try to give you notice of these changes before they come into effect. For existing subscriptions, any changes we make will take effect at the start of your next subscription renewal period after the price change. You will be considered to have agreed to the new price if you keep using the Apps after the price change. If you are unhappy with the price change you should cancel your subscription before the change takes effect.
Discount or promotion codes
All discounts and promotion codes can only be applied when subscribing to paid subscriptions, and to accounts that have never been subscribed to a paid subscription.
Unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the discounted period, or unless otherwise stated, your access to the paid subscription will automatically continue and you will be billed the regular price for that paid subscription by Apple or Google, using the payment method linked to your Apple or Google account.
The terms and conditions of a specific discount or promotion code may include additional restrictions on its use, including but not limited to the duration of discounted paid subscription and validity dates.
Promotion codes cannot be exchanged, refunded, replaced or redeemed for cash or payment of accounts.
RAC reserves the right to cancel discounts and promotion codes at any time.
How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription plan at any time as follows:
- if you have purchased via Apple details of how to cancel your Subscription can be found here
- if you have purchased via Google details of how to cancel your Subscription can be found here
If you have purchased your subscription plan from Apple or Google you must cancel your subscription plan directly with them and follow their instructions, as they are in charge of this billing. You will receive an email from Apple or Google confirming your cancellation.
Deleting the Apps will not cancel your subscription.
When you cancel your subscription, it remains valid up until the last day of the subscription period that you have paid for and you will not receive a refund of your payment for that period. If you cancel at least one day before the end of the current subscription period, cancellation will take effect at the end of that subscription period.
You will not be able to access subscription only content when your subscription ends. If you purchase a subscription in the future, however, this will re-enable all such content.
Who do I contact about refunds or a billing dispute?
For Subscriptions purchased via Apple or Google you will need to contact the Apple App Store for iTunes accounts, or the Google Play Store for Android devices.
What are my rights when I use the Apps?
Our services, including the Apps, contain software, technology, and proprietary and confidential information that is protected by intellectual property rights and other laws. Content on our services may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
We grant you a personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive licence to use the Apps on your device in accordance with these terms and conditions. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Apps in the manner permitted by these terms and conditions.
You do not obtain any other right or interest in our services or in or to our assets.
What are your rules when I use the Apps?
We need everyone to commit to the following rules:
- You must follow these terms and conditions when you use the Apps
- You will not use the Apps in any way: (i) that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; or (ii) that is unlawful, fraudulent, or misleading
- You will not use the Apps for any commercial purposes
- You will only download the Apps for your sole, personal use and will not sell on or pass the Apps to a third party
- You will not impersonate or falsely state your affiliation to any person or organisation
- Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or authorised by us, you will not use, distribute, reproduce, modify, copy, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, rent, sell, publicly perform or publicly display any part of our Apps or included platform or software, nor may you reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or attempt to extract the source code of that platform or software
- You will not infringe our or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on or through the Apps
- You will not collect users’ content or information, solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else
- You will not misuse the Apps. For example, you will not interfere with the Apps or try to access it using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide, such as using automated means (including harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission
- You will not do anything that could disrupt, disable, overburden, or damage the proper working of the Apps, such as a denial of service attack
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code
- You will not use the Apps for anything that is abusive or does not comply with our content standards
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these terms and conditions
- If you break any of the above rules, or if we are investigating suspected misconduct, we may suspend or stop providing the Apps to you or close your account and Subscription immediately. We may refuse the use of our Apps without providing reasons.
Content of the Apps
The Apps contain Crown copyright material that we have licenced with permission from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (“DVSA”) and includes content from the DVSA revision question bank. Please note the DVSA does not accept responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction of such Crown copyright material.
What are our rights?
We are constantly changing and improving our services, including the Apps. We may add or remove functionalities or features and we may suspend or stop an element of our service altogether.
Occasionally, we may have to:
- interrupt our services; if we do so, we will restore it as quickly as we can.
- make changes to certain technical specifications and product features.
We may automatically download software updates on your computers and devices from time to time, in order to improve, repair or modify our services. We will try to give you a choice as to whether or not to install the update. However, in certain circumstances (for example, where there are security risks), we may require you to install the updated version of the Apps and accept any new terms before you can continue using the Apps.
In addition to our other rights:
- We may also stop providing our Apps to you or add or create new limits to the Apps.
- If we discontinue the Apps, where reasonably possible, we will give you advance notice.
- We may provide access to paid or free content via a 3rd party platform or service and we or the 3rd party may also remove this access at any time.
Will we change these terms?
We will have to update our terms in the future, for example, due to ongoing improvement and other changes in our services and changes to the laws that apply to us and you.
When we update our terms, we will try to give you advance notice by posting the change in the Apps. You should look at these terms regularly.
lf you do not agree to the changes, you should stop using the Apps. If you continue to use the Apps after any change is announced, you will be considered to have agreed to the change.
What happens if you break these terms?
If you don’t keep to the rules set out here, it’s up to us how we respond, but we may cancel your subscription, without a refund.
What are our responsibilities and liability when we provide the Apps?
We provide the Apps using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we do not promise about the Apps.
We provide our services “as is”. Other than as expressly set out in these terms, neither us, our subsidiaries nor affiliates makes any specific promises about the Apps. For example, we do not make any commitments about the content within the Apps, the specific functions of the Apps or its accuracy, reliability, availability or ability to meet your needs. We do not guarantee that our services will be uninterrupted or that they will always be available. We cannot guarantee that our services will be free from bugs or viruses, or never be faulty.
When permitted by law, we have no responsibility to pay you compensation for financial loss, indirect loss, any information which is lost or corrupted, or any loss that could not have been reasonably expected. We will not be liable to you for any losses that you may suffer if you have used the Apps for business purposes.
We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or any other liability that English law does not allow us to exclude or limit.
To the extent permitted by law, you acknowledge that your only remedy with respect to any problems or dissatisfaction with the Apps or its content is to stop using the Apps or such content and unsubscribe and uninstall the Apps.
Some jurisdictions provide for certain warranties, like the implied warranty of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Please note, however, that we are providing the Apps under English law. We and our affiliates, licensors and licensees disclaim any and all warranties and conditions (express or implied) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If you are using the Apps for a personal purpose then nothing in these terms limits any consumers’ legal rights which may not be waived by contract.
What are my responsibilities for damage if I misuse the Apps?
You will ‘hold harmless’ and repay us in relation to any claims, losses, costs and liabilities arising from any legitimate claims a third party may make because of your use or misuse of the Apps.
How do I complain and how do we contact each other?
If you have a problem or complaint about the Apps, or just want to give us feedback, you can email us at [email protected]
What else do you need to know?
These terms make up the entire agreement between us relating to the Apps and any subscription you may take and override any prior agreements. You acknowledge that you have entered into these terms and conditions without relying upon any promises or statements other than those set out in these terms.
These terms are between us and you and are not intended to be for the benefit of, and will not be enforceable by, any third party under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
You accept that these terms are personal to you and agree not to transfer them to anyone else, or to try to do so. We can transfer this agreement to another company provided this does not adversely affect your rights under the terms.
Sometimes we may not be able to provide you with the Apps because of something beyond our reasonable control, which may include lightning, flood, severe weather, fire, explosion, terrorist activities, anything done by government or other competent authority, or industrial disputes. There may be other reasons too. In these cases, we cannot be liable for delays or being unable to provide you with our services.
After these terms come to an end, any provisions of these terms that either explicitly or by their nature must remain in effect after termination will survive termination of the terms.
If any portion of these terms is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
These terms and our relationship will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Mobile network charges
The Apps may require the use of data access and text messaging and may incur charges from your mobile network provider. You are responsible for all charges that your mobile network provider may apply.